|Recipe by Leigh Joseph
- Wash off the stems and leaves (tongs help with this).
- Fill a high powered blender (i.e. a vitamix) with the nettle (stems and leaves).
- Add water till the water reaches approximately 3/4 of the blender.
- Blend at top speed for a few minutes.
- Let sit and watch the nettle juice settle into layers of beautiful green juice and froth.
- Strain through a jelly straining cloth into a clean container.
- Discard the nettle pulp from the straining cloth.
You can drink the juice straight up or freeze it in ice cube trays to pop its vitamin richness into smoothies, stews, soups all year long.
Nettle juice is rich in vitamins A and C as well as in minerals including calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron.