Submitted by Cindy Breitkreutz
Adapted from Hollyhock Cooks
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
½ cup water
¼ cup melted butter
3 tbsp honey
2 cups berries – any variety
birch syrup or honey to sweeten to taste
- Mix all crepe ingredients on high speed with electric mixer or in blender until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, simmer berries with a tiny amount of water on low heat until thickened. Add birch syrup or honey to sweeten to taste.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron frying pan on medium low heat. Use a bit of butter or animal fat to oil the pan lightly once.
- Pour approximately ⅓ to ½ cup batter into heated frying pan and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Once it begins to bubble, gently tease crepe from frying pan and flip. Cook briefly on the other side until it browns.
- Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven (200°F) between layers of tea towels until ready to serve.
- Serve with a berry sauce, optional yogurt, fold and cover with birch syrup.
Makes approximately 10 crepes.