Submitted by Cindy Breitkreutz Adapted from Hollyhock Cooks
IngredientsCrepes: 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup milk ½ cup water 4 eggs ¼ cup melted butter 3 tbsp honey Sauce: 2 cups berries – any variety birch syrup or honey to sweeten to taste
- Mix all crepe ingredients on high speed with electric mixer or in blender until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, simmer berries with a tiny amount of water on low heat until thickened. Add birch syrup or honey to sweeten to taste.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron frying pan on medium low heat. Use a bit of butter or animal fat to oil the pan lightly once.
- Pour approximately ⅓ to ½ cup batter into heated frying pan and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Once it begins to bubble, gently tease crepe from frying pan and flip. Cook briefly on the other side until it browns.
- Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven (200°F) between layers of tea towels until ready to serve.
- Serve with a berry sauce, optional yogurt, fold and cover with birch syrup.