By Miche Genest
Try a combination of 3 different kinds of berries.
1 (250 mL) cup whole milk
¼ cup (60 mL) birch syrup
3 large eggs
½ cup (125 mL) barley flour
3 cups (710 mL) berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 x 9-inch (23 x 23-cm) baking dish.
- Whisk together the milk, birch syrup, eggs and flour until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Add the berries to the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
The clafouti is done when puffed and brown and a knife plunged in the center comes out clean.
Serve with butter and birch syrup over top.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. Doubles easily; just use a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 30-cm) baking dish.