by Miche Genest
½ cup (125 mL) soft, unsalted butter
⅓ cup (80 mL) birch syrup
1 to 1¼ cups (250 to 300 mL) whole wheat or triticale flour
- Beat butter until light and fluffy with an electric beater.
- Beat in birch syrup.
- Stir in flour with a wooden spoon, adding more flour as necessary to make a semi-firm dough.
- Form dough into two logs about 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Slice each log into cookies about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, removing cookies from the oven while still soft. They will harden as they cool.
Makes about 48 cookies.