By Suzanne Crocker
Ingredients1 cup SIFTED whole wheat flour (Red Fife)
½ cup potato starch*
1 cup sugar beet sugar
¾ cup butter
½ cup dried low bush cranberries (optional)
- Sift flour before measuring.
- Combine the three dry ingredients and sift them together into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and blend in with the back of a wooden spoon until a soft, smooth dough forms.
- Blend in low bush cranberries.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Shape chilled dough into small balls.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 300 F for 20 minutes.
- Juice some raw potatoes.
- Drain off the juice and refrigerate to use within a few days for soup stock.
- At the bottom of the potato juice bowl will be left a thick layer of potato starch.
- Spoon this out onto parchment paper and dry in a dehydrator or a very low oven.
- Once dried, grind in a coffee grinder into powder.