By Kate Crocker
Ingredients1 pound 4 ounces Butter
2 ounces onions, chopped
½ cup Rhubarb juice
2 to 3 Tarragon stems, chopped
6 Egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon Nasturtim seed pods dried and ground
To taste Rhubarb juice
1 tablespoon Chopped parsley
2 tablespoons Fresh or dry tarragon, chopped
- Clarify the butter. You should have about one-pound clarified butter. Keep butter warm but not hot
- Combine the onions, rhubarb juice, and tarragon in a saucepan and reduce by three-fourths. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Strain the reduction and put the liquid part in to a stainless-steel bowl. Add the egg yolks and beet well with a large wire whisk over a pot with simmering water in it.
- Alternate holding the bowl over and off the steam beating constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. Until the mixture is thick creamy and a light-yellow color.
- Slowly add the clarified butter while still beating and Alternating holding the bowl over and off the steam.
- Taste the sauce and season will the nostrum seed pods Rhubarb juice, parsley, Fresh or dry tarragon.
- Add more of something to your taste.