Whey or milk
Dried juniper berries
Dried spruce tips
Dried Nasturtium pods
- Thaw moose steaks.
- Tenderize them by marinating them in whey or milk overnight. To do this, put the thawed moose steak in a zip lock bag. Add some whey or milk. Carefully remove air. Put the bags in the fridge overnight or for 24 hours. Turn when you think of it.
- Remove steaks from their marinade and pat dry.
- Grind together some juniper berries, dried spruce tips and dried nasturtium pods in a clean coffee grinder to make a rub.
- Spread the rub on both sides of each steak.
- Wrap each steak individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cook on high heat in a frying pan or on a grill, for 1 ½ to 5 minutes per side (depending on how rare you like your steak).