1/2 cup birch syrup
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup cream
Optional (measurements approximate):
1 tbsp ground dried spruce tips
1 tsp ground nasturtium pods
+/- 1/2 tsp ground labrador tea leaves
Additional 1 cup cream for whipping for topping.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix in the birch syrup and optional spices.
- Add pumpkin and mix. Gradually whisk in the cream.
- Pour into a pie plate or custard cups.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes until knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Can make ahead and refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped cream (see below).
A few hours before serving:
In a separate large bowl, pour the additional 1 cup of cream for the topping and place in the freezer until a thin crust forms. Then beat at high speed until soft peaks form. If using hand-separated fresh cream, no additional sweetener is required.