from Miche Genest, The Boreal GourmetIngredients
4 Tbsp (60 mL) butter, divided
4 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups (500 mL) chopped
2 Tbsp (30 mL) cream
2 Tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese, cut into small pieces
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Melt two tablespoons (30 mL) butter in a 10-inch (25-cm) ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir in onions and sauté just until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Stir in chickweed and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter.
- While it’s melting beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir in cream, cream cheese and dill.
- Add egg mixture to the pan, stir to combine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is set.
- Place frying pan in preheated oven and bake until cooked through and lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into 4 to 6 pieces and serve immediately with hot buttered toast and a green salad.