By Suzanne Crocker
Ingredients¾ cup birch syrup (or sugar beet syrup) ½ cup butter ¾ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Add birch syrup and butter to a medium sized heavy saucepan. Do not stir.
- Gently boil over medium heat WITHOUT STIRRING until the hard crack stage (300°F) via candy thermometer. This takes approximately 20 minutes.
- As soon as the mixture reaches 300°F, remove from heat and stir in roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Immediately, spread on an ungreased cookie sheet (no parchment paper).
- Let cool.
- Once cooled, remove with metal spatula and break into bite sized pieces.